9 Foods That Supposedly Burn Fat
Are you like me and trying to lose a few pounds as we head into spring? Good news!! There is a new list that outlines a bunch of foods that supposedly burn fat.
For folks who are trying to lose weight, check out this list of super foods that most of us are missing from our diets, which help us burn fat. Of course, none of them are that appetizing (to me, anyway). But healthy sometimes has it's trade offs.
If you're wanting to drop a few pounds you might try adding these foods to your diet.
1. Something called Kefir. It's a kind of drinkable yogurt that contains natural probiotics and help us breaks down food better. Sauerkraut, kimchi and pickled vegetables work the same way.
2. Salmon. Scientists say that it somehow prevents fat accumulation around your mid-section. It also helps prevent insulin spikes!
3. Walnuts. Because they activate fat-burning and help you burn up to 300 more calories a day.
4. Quinoa. It's the new 'it' grain (whatever that means) and is all the rage in the health food community. Supposedly it helps prevent bloating and in return gives you a boost in energy.
5. Sardines. They have a ton of Omega-3 fatty acids, which we are led to believe are amazing for you.
6. Kale. It's believed to reduce the level of stress hormones in your body. And I think we could all use a little less stress!
7. Brown rice. According some experts it actually prevents fat storage.
8. Green tea. Experts claim you should have it at 4 p.m., and it's supposed to rev up your metabolism for hours.
9. Olive oil. Ditch the butter and lose the cooking spray, instead coat that cooking pan with olive oil. Like fish oil, olive oil is full of omega-3 fatty acids that help us keep our gut, brain and other organs working efficiently and helps regulate your appetite.
So if you see me eating a Salmon Kale salad with Brown Rice on the side - you'll know why!!