Butterfly Ball In Casper For Pediatric Cancer Research
Olivia Caldwell loved butterflies "She was as girly as they come and absolutely loved butterflies, her room was filled with them," says her mother Katie Caldwell, the Founder and CEO of the Olivia Caldwell Foundation.
Little Olivia lost her battle with brain cancer in October of 2013 at the age of 20 months. "Her Dad and I decided to start the Olivia Caldwell Foundation just a couple of weeks after she passed away, with the goal of raising money for pediatric cancer research to find the cure that had eluded her and so many other kids," says Caldwell. Since then, the Foundation has raised more than $225,00.00 for pediatric cancer research.
In honor of Olivia's birthday, the Foundation will be holding the First Annual Butterfly Ball on February 24th, an fundraising adult Prom complete with a Prom King and Queen competition. Registration for the competition is open until January 19th.
There is no cost to enter, just send a photo and a brief bio of yourselves as a couple to email@example.com. Each couple will have a unique campaign site with $1 raised equaling one vote, and the money goes toward pediatric cancer research. Online voting will begin on January 22nd and the winners, who must be present at the Ball to win, can choose from a number of getaway packages including:
- A 5-night stay in a deluxe ocean view guest room at the Westin Resort & Spa in Cancun with round-trip airfare and daily breakfast for 2
- A 5-night getaway to the Marriott Resort in Costa Rica, round-trip airfare for 2 and daily breakfast for 2
- 3-night stay in a guest room at the Meritage Resort & Spa in Napa Valley, with 6 hours of chauffeured luxury sedan service, 3-hour gourmet dinner for 2 on the Napa Valley Wine Train, and round trip airfare for 2
- a long weekend in New York City, including 2 tickets to a Broadway show of your choice, $200 gift card towards dining at a participating New York City restaurant, 3-night stay, and round-trip airfare for 2.
The Butterfly Ball, benefiting the Olivia Caldwell Foundation:
- Saturday, February 24th, from 7:00pm to 11:00 p.m. at the Ramkota Hotel.
- The evening will feature a live DJ with light show, dancing, drinks, heavy hors d'ouerves, desserts, a photo area, Spin The Bottle Wine Pull, and a Prom King & Queen competition.
- Tickets are $120.00 per couple or $65.00 per person, and available at the Olivia Caldwell Foundation website, or you can find the links on their Facebook page.
- Adults only (21+)