Casper Police Department Announces ‘Our Community’ Campaign
Continuing a significant push to improve its relationships with the Casper community, the Casper police department on Thursday announced a series of programs, initiatives and activities focused on the city and its citizens.
The 'Our Community' campaign will see the department host a number of events over the next two months, and the department has updated its vision, mission statement and core values to kick off the campaign.
"We recognize the importance of our duties to our citizens, and we know that our community is a safer, more secure community when we all work together," Interim Chief Steve Schulz said in a statement. "The 'Our Community' campaign allows us to focus our efforts on key community-oriented policing activities."
Here's the police department's updated vision statement:
The Casper Police Department, trusted and respected by the entirety of our citizens, proactively and cooperatively serves with our community by providing exceptional police services that help enable the safety, security and well-being of all citizens.
The mission statement has also been changed:
Through collaborative efforts and partnerships, the Casper Police Department guards the life, property, and constitutional rights of all and pursues justice with compassion and respect for all our citizens to ensure a safe and secure community.
Here are the department's core values, as stated in a press release:
- Integrity -- We conduct ourselves with uncompromised honesty, honor, and ethics.
- Human Dignity -- We acknowledge and recognize the value, worth, and rights of all citizens.
- Justice -- We serve our community in an unbiased and impartial manner, applying equal protection to all under the law.
- Professionalism -- We are accountable to ourselves and the public for the quality of our service, and we seek to continually improve ourselves, our Department, and our community relationships.
- Leadership -- We entrust and demand our members to lead ethically and responsibly within the organization and in the community we serve.
"This is our community, the community in which our officers also live and work," Schulz added. "We are excited to conduct this campaign and proactively serve our community."
In the next two months, the department will participate in or host the following events:
- Casper Police Department Soft Interview Room Ribbon Cutting/Dedication (Held 9/27)
- Breaking the Silence Walk Attendance and Participation
- Domestic Violence Awareness Month (October)
- Silent Victims Event Attendance
- National Coffee With a Cop Day
- Community Team Brief (CTB)
- Oil Bowl/Natrona County School District Partnership Activities
- Hotel Management/Ownership Partnership Meeting focused on human trafficking, drug use, domestic violence and sexual crime indicators, signs and trends.
- True Blue Award Program Announcement
- Foot and Bike Patrols (weather permitting) at the Dylan Scott Concert at David Street Station
The campaign, according to a news release from Detective John Hatcher, also reinforces and highlights the Department's participation in the implementation of the International Association of Chiefs of Police strategy -- Enhancing Law Enforcement Response to Victims.
The department plans to release further information on events as part of the 'Our Community' campaign.