Five Random Facts from Rodeo Rick
Do you love trivia games? Finding out random bits of information?
Here are five random facts to help you get through your day, or that you can use to impress your friends - or not...
1. There have been 75,000 domestic flights canceled since December 1st . . . or 5.5% of all flights. That makes this the worst winter for cancelations since they started keeping track 25 years ago . . . and winter's not over yet.
2. Jam is made from fruit . . . jelly is made from juice . . . preserves have chunks of fruit . . . and marmalades have peel and pulp.
3. In ancient Egypt, wedding ceremonies were only for rich couples. For other couples, you were automatically considered married once the bride moved her stuff into the groom's house.
4. Even though it's one of the great movies of the '90s, "The Shawshank Redemption" won ZERO Oscars. The 1995 Oscars were dominated by "Forrest Gump" and "Pulp Fiction" which completely squeezed it out.
5. The "ZIP" in ZIP code stands for "Zone Improvement Plan." They were created in 1963 to help mail carriers deliver mail more efficiently . . . to "zip" along their routes.
Win prizes, trips and more playing trivia games - Click Here for details