Five Random Facts from Rodeo Rick
Do you love trivia games? Finding out random bits of information?
Here are five random facts to help you get through your day, or that you can use to impress your friends - or not...
1. BETTY WHITE is older than SLICED BREAD. She was born in 1922 . . . sliced bread was introduced in 1928.
2. Before penicillin, the best available cure for syphilis was . . . intentionally giving someone malaria. It would cause such a high fever that it could kill off the bacteria causing the syphilis. Of course, it could also potentially kill the person, but whatever.
3. The coldest inhabited place on earth is a village called Oymyakon in Siberia, Russia. If you were to go outside naked on an average day, you'd freeze to death in one minute. Its record low temperature is negative 141 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. JOHN TYLER was president of the U.S. from 1841 to 1845, and died in 1862. And believe it or not, he still has two living GRANDCHILDREN. Both are in their 80s.
5. The NFL threatened to move next year's Super Bowl somewhere else, if Arizona had passed that bill allowing businesses not to serve gays. And they did it once before . . .
In 1993, they moved the Super Bowl out of Arizona when the state legislature voted down a bill to make Martin Luther King Day an official state holiday. The Super Bowl wound up at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, California.
Win prizes, trips and more playing trivia games - Click Here for details