Food Pantries Need Your Help and Donations
As we move into the holiday season, local and regional food banks need extra food donations to help keep up with the demand of those in need in our communities. Here's a quick list of what they need most!
Anything you can donation is always greatly appreciated, but here are a few of the items they need most during the holidays.
* Holiday foods. Like Stove Top stuffing, cranberry sauce, and canned yams.
* Canned vegetables. The low-sodium kind are best.
* Mixed nuts. These tend to be kind of expensive, so not many people donate them.
* Pasta. The whole grain kind is best.
* Rice and beans. And things like couscous and quinoa are good too.
* Juice boxes. They like to have them around for kids, especially the kind that are 100% juice.
* Canned meats. Like canned tuna, canned chicken, and canned salmon.
* Cereal and oatmeal. Something to make quick for breakfast.
* Canned soup. Things like canned chili and beef stews are also good.
* Cooking oil. Especially olive oil and canola oil.
We would also like to take a minute to let you know about our upcoming 'Birds and Bucks' holiday food drive on Friday, November 20th. Which helps over 400 families in need around Casper every holiday season! For more info click the link.