Man Accused Of Abusing Girls Faces Trial
A Casper man will face trial for allegedly sexually assaulting four girls over the past 17 years.
William Hall, 45, waived his preliminary hearing in Natrona County Circuit Court on Thursday. A preliminary hearing is held to determine whether probable cause exists that a crime was committed and the accused probably committed it.
Hall's bond of $100,000 was not altered. He has been in custody since August on other issues.
Hall will probably will have his arraignment in Natrona County District Court in about a month at which he will plead guilty or not guilty.
Last week, the District Attorney’s Office on Thursday filed a 14-count indictment Hall, charging him with four counts of sexual assault against a 13-year-old Natrona County girl this summer, one count of possession of child pornography, one count of making child pornography, and six counts of taking indecent liberties and sexual assault on three girls from January 1999 through December 2002.
All counts are felonies. If convicted on all counts, Hall could spend the rest of his life behind bars.
The case began on Aug. 26, when a county resident told a sheriff’s deputy she believed Hall was having an inappropriate relationship with a relative, according to the deputy’s affidavit filed in Natrona County Circuit Court on Thursday. The woman said Hall was trying to get the girl to send him photographs of her in her underwear, hugging her at odd times, and entering her bedroom frequently for unknown reasons.
Subsequent investigation determined there were other alleged victims dating from 1999.