Mike Sedar Park Recycling Depot Closed Until Fall
The recycling depot at South Mike Sedar Park, 800 College Drive, closed Wednesday, according to a news release from the City of Casper.
The city closed it to create more parking space at the new Mike Sedar swimming pool.
A new depot will open in the fall.
“Our self-serve recycling depots are well-used, and we will continue to work to serve our community’s enthusiasm for reducing, reusing, and recycling waste,” said Cynthia Langston, the city's manager of solid waste.
The other eight recycling depots in Casper are located at:
- The east end of Rocky Mountain Discount Sports’ parking lot,
- Huber Park.
- On Wyoming Boulevard across from the Central Wyoming Fairgrounds.
- Paradise Valley pool.
- Meals on Wheels.
- The north Casper soccer fields in the east parking lot along K Street.
- The Walmart parking lot on East Second Street.
- The Balefill at 1886 Station Road.
All depots have self-serve bins for cardboard, white paper, newspaper, magazines, No. 1 and No. 2 plastic bottles, aluminum cans, and glass.
“Many of these commodities are taken to Wyoming Recycling and sold for recycling,” Langston said. “Glass is crushed and reused at the solid waste facility, and Solid Waste staff brokers the sale of the plastics.”
More information is available at www.casperwy.gov or (307) 235-8246.