One man was taken to Wyoming Medical Center on Sunday after his motorhome caught fire and the blaze spread into a grassy area outside Casper.

According to a Natrona County Sheriff's Office incident report, a deputy was patrolling in the area of Salt Creek Highway and Skyview at about 3:30 p.m. and noticed a large amount of black smoke blowing east across the highway.

The smoke was evidently coming from the area of Farmer Brothers Coffee.

The deputy approached, noting smoke and flames coming from a white motorhome belonging to John Campbell. The motorhome was fully engulfed in flames, and Campbell was standing about 30 feet away with a gas can.

Campbell, whose hair and skin were singed, told the deputy that he had been working on his motorhome when he heard a "pop" and saw flames. He tried to use a fire extinguisher to control the blaze, but the extinguisher was empty.

The fire burned through an overhead power line and spread to nearby grass, burning north and east almost all the way to Salt Creek. The power line was actively sparking when Natrona County Fire units arrived.

Campbell was taken to the hospital for evaluation and possible smoke inhalation.

Rocky Mountain Power arrived and disconnected the power to the sparking power line.

The remnants of the motorhome were towed.