Relationship Red Flags – What To Watch For
The red flags that usually alert us to a potentially bad relationship are relatively easy to spot after you get out of it. But when you're in that relationship, it can be a whole different story.
There was a discussion yesterday on Reddit.com about the subtle relationship red flags that people always overlook. Here are the top seven they came up with:
1. The other person uses ultimatums to get their way instead of compromising.
2. They don't want you to be friends with their friends.
3. Your friends and family hate them. Your instinct might be to prove your friends and family wrong, but sometimes it's worth considering that maybe they're right.
4. They put you on a pedestal. It's great at first, but it means they're not seeing the real you, just an idealized version - so the only place to go is down.
5. When you start to have more bad days together than good days. Relationships take work, but they're not all work.
6. They always have generic or bad excuses for why they don't call, or text, or come by when you're expecting. Eventually, it's clear you're not a priority.
7. They talk about how all of their exes are crazy. If someone thinks everyone else is crazy, they might be the crazy one.
But I'm sure there are a lot more subtle red flags that are out there. Tell us below - What are some of the relationship red flags that you look for?