Painted Past Productions is hosting the first annual Scarecrow Festival for businesses within the city limits of Casper. The idea is to build a detailed, creative scarecrow with any growing substance, and enter it in the Scarecrow Festival to win great prizes! You can also put a price on your scarecrow for purchase! There will be 3 adjudicators judging on creativity, attention to detail, and use of materials.
On November 17th, put your scarecrow masterpiece outside your front door, and the adjudicators will come by sometime during the daylight hours. The winners will be posted on the Painted Past website. The entry fee is $25.
There are a few rules for the scarecrows,
1) Scarecrows must be at least 5’ tall
2) Scarecrows can be made from any growing substance (twigs, hay, grass, branches, leaves etc.)
3) Scarecrows will be adjudicated on creativity, materials used, detail
4) Scarecrows should be placed outside business door on Nov. 17 by 10:00 AM
5) Registration for each scarecrow is $25 (no limit)
6) Scarecrows may be priced for purchase by the builder
7) Entry forms must be in by Nov. 10 to be adjudicated
8) Prizes will be awarded for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place
You can send your registration and entry fee to:
Painted Past Productions, 330 S. Center, suite 414, Casper 82601, or just drop it by.
The registration forms must be in by November 10th. For more information visit the website at www.paintedpast.org
or call the office at 307-267-7243