Tips To Keep You From Messing Up Your “Ice Bucket Challenge”
The "Ice Bucket Challenge" is still growing! Mostly because every time one person does it, they nominate three friends and then they nominate three friends and so on and so on.
So if you haven't been challenged yet, it's probably just a matter of time. Here are five tips for you to help make sure you don't mess it up or worse hurt yourself in the process like a lot of people have done.
1. Don't have someone dump the water from a balcony. They might end up dropping the whole bucket by mistake.
2. Don't do it somewhere slippery. Outside on the grass is perfect. In the shower or in the kitchen is NOT.
3. Don't use too much water. Remember, you have to be able to lift it over your head. But also don't be the lame person who just dumps a glass of ice water on their head.
4. Be upbeat about it. In half of the videos you see, the people have ZERO energy. But it makes for a much better video if you at least act excited about doing it.
5. Make it quick. Don't spend two minutes talking. People just skip through that part of the video anyway. Unless you're doing something creative, you should be able to nominate people AND dump the water on yourself in about 20 seconds.
Check out Casper's Brian Scott taking the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge.
As of today, the Ice Bucket Challenge has raised over $53 Million dollars for ALSA.
If you'd like to make a donation you can do that online at WWW.ALSA.ORG or if you would rather write a check, you can send it to
1275 K st NW
Washington, D.C. 20005