Website Ranks the ’10 Snobbiest Towns in Wyoming’
And now for the least surprising story you'll read today. According to a new study, rich people living in and around Jackson Hole think that they're better than you.
The website Roadsnacks.net recently ranked the ten snobbiest places in the Cowboy State based on a variety of factors, including property values, income, education and the number of art galleries and theaters per capita.
Six of the ten towns on their list are close to Jackson.
1. South Park - With a median household annual income over $70,000, this Teton County town is one of the richest in Wyoming.
2. Rafter J Ranch - Located just north of South Park, this affluent community has a population of just over 1,000.
3. Hoback - 13 miles south of Jackson along the Hoback River, this town has an average household income over $80,000 per year. None of the 577 families in the Hoback Junction live below the poverty line.
4. Wilson - This is where people move when they're too rich for Jackson. Wilson is home to several multi millionaires and boasts an average household income over $93,000 annually.
5. Ranchettes - The only town outside of Teton County to crack the top five, this Cheyenne suburb is home to many of the most affluent families in the Capital City.
Moose Wilson Road, home to the town between Jackson and the Teton Village Resort, ranked sixth. The Casper suburb of Vista West finished seventh. Green River, Kemmerer, and the city of Jackson itself rounded out the list.