What’s the Weirdest Christmas Present You’ve Ever Received?
One Christmas - many, many years ago - it seemed as though all my friends and family decided to hook me up with the newest and coolest gift of that year - a Big Mouth Billy Bass singing trophy. Remember that? If not, check it out:
It wasn't that the fish was creepy, or that the music was tinny, it was weird because I received 5 of them for Christmas! Yes, 5 singing Big Mouth Billy Bass. I love to fish, but am I really that hard to shop for - or was that the best "fun" or "funny" gift of the year? Either way, opening the second package to find another Billy Bass did make me laugh a little, but by the time I got to number 5 - I was pretty irritated. It wasn't like it was a cheap gift either selling for $29.99 at most retail outlets. Nevertheless I returned them all and got me something nicer - much nicer!
What about you? What's the weirdest gift you've ever received for Christmas??
Reader's Digest just asked their readers to name the weirdest Christmas gift they've ever received. Here are five of their best ones . . .
1. "A box full of lingerie from my 88-year-old grandmother, with a message that she hoped it would get her a great-grandchild." - can you say - creepy!!
2. "A receipt showing that all my overdue book fines at the library had been paid off."
3. "A box of gravel from the driveway." Unfortunately there was no story behind this one.
4. "A squishy, padded, black-and-white flowered toilet seat from my father-in-law." - more cushion for your tushie time.
5. "Three identical wheels of cheese . . . but from three separate, unconnected people." - I feel your pain, but at least it was edible!
Tell us, what's the weirdest Christmas present you've ever received?
Source: Reader's Digest