Which are the Worst Charities in America?
Did you know that there are over 500 charities in Natrona County and the Casper area? Most of which depend on your donations.
If not, that's ok, because I didn't know that either until I did a quick search online. Fortunately none of our local charities make this list, but I hope that knowing we have an abundance of great local charities might help you when deciding where to donate your money.
The Tampa Bay Times compiled a list of the Top Worst Charities. Many names of the worst charities are very similar to legitimate charities. For instance, the number one worst charity, Kids Wish Network, sounds much too similar to, Make A Wish Foundation - a well respected charitable organization, where donations go to helping sick children see their dreams come true.
With the Kids Wish Network, only 2.5% of the $127.8 million they raised, went to direct cash aid. So where did the other millions go? $109 million of it went to paying solicitors to raise the money.
In fact, these worst charities lead a group of 50+ charities that have raised more than $1 billion in the past 10 years, but only a fraction went to anyone other than the charities’ operators and professional solicitors.
Here are the top 25 worst charities in America:
- Kids Wish Network
- Cancer Fund of America
- Children’s Wish Foundation International
- American Breast Cancer Foundation
- Firefighters Charitable Foundation
- Breast Cancer Relief Foundation
- International Union of Police Associations, AFL-CIO
- National Veterans Service Fund
- American Association of State Troopers
- Children’s Cancer Fund of America
- Children’s Cancer Recovery Foundation
- Youth Development Fund
- Committee For Missing Children
- Association for Firefighters and Paramedics
- Project Cure (Bradenton, FL)
- National Caregiving Foundation
- Operation Lookout National Center for Missing Youth
- United States Deputy Sheriffs’ Association
- Vietnow National Headquarters
- Police Protective Fund
- National Cancer Coalition
- Woman To Woman Breast Cancer Foundation
- American Foundation For Disabled Children
- The Veterans Fund
- Heart Support of America
Source - Tampa Bay Times