WMC Hosting New Tower Open House on September 27th.
The Wyoming Medical Center's McMurry West Tower represents a $43.7 investment into the health of this community and shows WMC’s commitment to the people in our community. They will open the doors to the public for the first time on Saturday, Sept. 27, and invite everyone to come see what it offers.
“We want to be a very welcoming place for our patients,” said David B. Wheeler, MD, PhD, a neurologist with Wyoming Neurologic Associates and director of WMC’s Primary Stroke Center. “Our new tower provides better spaces and better accommodations, and I think it helps us to continue to become the pinnacle referral center of the region – because that’s what we envision ourselves to be.”
The tower will add 100,000 square feet of state-of-the-art space. As Casper’s only full-service community hospital, WMC designed the tower around the unique needs of our patients. Features of the McMurry West Tower include:
A new front door: Our new main entrance, with easy access off Second Street, offers curbside drop-offs and pick-ups under a canopy protecting from Wyoming’s fickle weather. Visitor parking will be available in the West Parking Garage, accessible off Jackson Street, or through our free valet parking from 6 a.m. to midnight at both our Emergency Room entrance and our new front door.
More dining options: The Market Place – our expanded kitchen and dining area – more than doubles the capacity of our old cafeteria and includes a grill, pizza oven, salad bar, deli, family dinners and plenty of healthful options. The spacious area will create a more comfortable area for patients, family and friends to nourish themselves during their stay.
Healing Garden: Studies link patients’ physical environments with their ability to manage pain and heal. Our Healing Garden, located on the tower’s south side, will offer visitors a quiet place to relax and enjoy the fresh air.
Commitment to service: Located on the second floor, the Sky Lobby is the home to our expanded chapel offering a quiet place for prayer and reflection. Spiritual support is available for any reason, and our chaplains are sensitive to the diverse cultural needs of our community. The lobby also features a large fireplace, a larger gift shop and the Diamond Coffee Shop offering Starbucks Coffee.
Family, Mother and Baby Center: The third floor is devoted entirely to the Ruth R. Ellbogen Family, Mother and Baby Center. It features six labor and delivery suites with full private bathrooms, a dedicated operating suite and 10 spacious private rooms with pullout couches so dads, siblings and families can bond with the new babies. Our new Level II nursery will be equipped to care for more premature babies, keeping more families close to home.
Surgery Center: The fourth floor is dedicated to our new Jerry Behrens MD Orthopedic, Spine and General Surgery Center. It features 25 private patient rooms, three bariatric patient rooms, an extended family area, an orthopedic rehabilitation gym and a therapeutic tub training area. This comprehensive surgical floor is designed to centralize treatments and shorten recovery times.
McMurry West Tower public open house
- What: McMurry West Tower open house. Get the first glimpse of the new WMC logo, take a self-guided tour and enjoy free appetizers from The Market Place, our new expanded kitchen and dining area.
- When: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 27
- Where: McMurry West Tower at Wyoming Medical Center. Park in the West Parking Garage which has direct access to the tower, or take advantage of our free valet service and pull right up to our new front door on Second Street.
- Speakers: Local dignitaries and health professionals will kick off the event with brief opening remarks. They include Vickie Diamond, WMC president and CEO; Tom Forslund, director of the Wyoming Department of Health; Chris Muirhead, chairman of the WMC Board of Directors; Dr. Susan Sheridan, Obstetrics Department chairwoman; and Derek Oliver, Wyoming Division Manager of Haselden Construction.
- Info: For more information about the McMurry West Tower, go to thepulse.wyomingmedicalcenter.org and search “West Tower Rising.”