Wyoming’s Best Golf Courses (NOT in Jackson Hole)
Last year, Golf Digest published a list ranking the best courses here in the Cowboy State. Not surprisingly, they were all in and around Jackson Hole.
Of course, we all know that Jackson Hole isn't really Wyoming. With that in mind, here's a list of the best golf courses in the state, based on user reviews from GolfLink.com.
1. The Powder Horn Golf Club in Sheridan - Although it's only 9 holes, the mountain course at the Powder Horn boasts some of the fastest and most difficult greens in the state.
2. The Golf Club at Devil's Tower in Hulett - The breathtaking scenery, combined with the challenging terrain, make this 18 hole course one of the best in the Cowboy State.
3. The Purple Sage Municipal Golf Course in Evanston - The highest ranked municipal course on the list has an overall course rating of 67.5, one of the best in Wyoming.
4. Three Crowns Golf Club in Casper - Built on the site of an old refinery, this gem is among the most popular public courses in the state, so book your tee time in advance.
5. The Desert Course at White Mountain in Rock Springs - Another 9 hole course, the fairways and greens are well maintained. However, if you drive it in the rough, be prepared to deal with some of the most difficult natural obstacles you'll find anywhere in Wyoming.
Check out the full list of Wyoming's best golf courses, including player reviews, here.