Mills firefighters were quick to respond and douse an SUV that caught fire early Tuesday in the parking lot of the Taco John's on Yellowstone Highway.

The blaze was extinguished within minutes of firefighters' arrival around 10 a.m., and no injuries were reported. But the burning 1998 Jeep Cherokee made for quite a spectacle.

"We could see the smoke column from the station as we left," says Mills Fire Captain Justin Melin. He believes the fire was caused by a portable heater the driver had running in the front seat.

Melin says the Jeep was a total loss, with the entire interior melted.

Fortunately, the Jeep was fairly isolated in the parking lot when it caught fire. The SUV  seems to have been the only casualty.

Video footage courtesy of Jake Burnell