8 Times When Casper, Wyoming Was an Answer on ‘Jeopardy’
If you've watched the game show Jeopardy, you may be able to appreciate the coolness of this. Casper, Wyoming has been an answer 8 times on the show. Maybe I should present this in the form of a question.
There's a nifty website called J Archive. It records just about everything that has ever happened on Jeopardy. According to their records, Casper has been an answer or question 8 times through the years with the first one happening back in 1987.
- July 1, 1987 - State Capitals for $1,000 - The least populous state capital, it's found in the least populous state east of the Mississippi
- January 16, 1997 - Oops for $400 - A Casper, Wyoming game & fish display to stop this crime had 3 sets of trophy antlers stolen from it
- Friday, September 29, 2000 - States By Cities for $400 - Rock Springs, Casper, Gillette
- Thursday, November 25, 2004 - Airport Codes for $800 - A friendly ghost town?: CPR
- Wednesday, November 1, 2006 - Out West for $800 - Lt. Caspar W. Collins has a city named for him (spelled differently) on the North Platte River in this state
- Wednesday, January 27, 2010 - They Named a City For Me In...for $2000 - Lieutenant Caspar Collins (1888)
- Tuesday, January 1, 2013 - Which Time Zone? for $400 - Casper, Wyoming
- Wednesday, September 13, 2017 - Lesser-Known Museums for $400 - The Tate Geological Museum in Casper, Wyoming has a cast of a skull of this dinosaur "king" with battle scars
Eight brushes with Jeopardy greatness for Casper. Unfortunately, Glenrock has yet to make a Jeopardy appearance according to J Archives. Sad face.
If you'd like to really kill some time, look through the 357 times that Wyoming has made a Jeopardy appearance. I'm sure your boss won't mind.