Casper Police say they've been receiving numerous fraud reports concerning citizens’ bank accounts and credit card accounts. Police Detective John Hatcher says if you have been the victim of Identity Theft, you should request copies of your credit report from all three major reporting agencies. By federal law, you can get a free copy of your credit report every 12 months from each credit reporting company.

The official site to request these reports is or you can contact each credit bureau individually.  Detective Hatcher advises you to check the reports carefully, looking for errors or accounts you don't recognize.  You can dispute any errors directly with the credit bureau, and you should also file a report with the Federal Trade Commission by visiting the government website

If you are the victim of a cybercrime (one that was facilitated with the use of the internet), contact the FBI’s Internet Crime Complaint Center at and file an additional report.

Here are the major credit reporting bureaus:


If you have any information on any crimes, please call 577-TIPS, use the TipSubmit Mobile app, or the Crimestoppers website, Your anonymous tip may be worth up to a $1,000 reward.

More From My Country 95.5