***Casper Power Restored, Outage A Bad Way To Start Spring
****POWER HAS BEEN RESTORED
As of 5:20am March 20...Power is back on for most in Casper.
Over 11,800 customers were affected by a power outage that happened around 12:50am Monday March 20. Today is officially the first day of spring, and it's not starting out on the right foot.
The outage seems to have hit the south side of Casper the worst, leaving street lights and stoplights dark, causing a dangerous drive.
Remember treat a stop light that is not working, as a 4 way stop. Keep in mind that other drivers may not be aware of what to do in that situation, so use extra caution and be sure to remain alert.
The Rocky Mountain Power Facebook says by 5:30am, but the post was up shortly after the original report of the outage.
Here are some reminders of what to do during a power outage
- Turn off and unplug appliances
- Keep your refrigerator and freezer closed to ensure your food stays cold
- Use flashlights for lighting
- Practice generator safety
- never operate a generator inside
- connect the generator only directly to your appliances
- do no try to draw more power than it's rated to supply
- Keep up to date using electric company's app or website