A Mills man, who was arrested after video of him appearing to viciously attack a teenager was shared on social media, pleaded guilty to robbery Thursday, a Natrona County prosecutor said.

As a part of the plea agreement, Nick Fenton would serve seven to 10 years behind bars. However, if Fenton successfully completes a boot camp program, he can petition to have his sentence reduced, Natrona County District Attorney Dan Itzen said.

Early July 20, Mills police officers received several reports that a 14- or 15-year-old boy had been assaulted.

Officers learned that the incident was captured on video.

Police gathered witness statements and viewed video evidence in the course of their investigation. That evidence showed that Fenton approached the victim, evidently without any reason, and confronted him.

"Without provocation, the suspect then struck the juvenile in the face, knocked him to the ground, and continued to assault him by kicking him in the face and abdomen," Mills police said.

Once the victim was unable to get up, Fenton allegedly stole his shoes and belt. Fenton then used the boy's shoes and belt to continue assaulting him.

A pair of blood-stained shoes was discovered near the scene, police say.

Itzen said Fenton will be sentenced in six to eight weeks.