Nick Saban Tops Highest Paid Coaches List – Where’s Coach Bohl?
Coaching a Division 1 college football team is easily a six-figure job, but some are lucky enough to bring in seven figures.
Last week we talked about the most valuable teams in college football. Texas A&M University is number one on that list. They bring in the most revenue, but also boast the biggest profit with merchandise and such. That money goes to a lot of different places within the school and it's no surprise that at the those at the helm of this echelon teams are taking home a pretty penny.
USA Today Sports has released their list of college football coaches' salaries and once again Alabama's Nick Saban is at the top. With the way some of these teams are performing this year, some school have a steal with their coach. Others may want to get back to the books and see if that check matches their record.
Here are the top 10 highest paid coaches and their respective salaries:
1. Nick Saban - Alabama - $8,307,000
2. Urban Meyer - Ohio State - $7,600,000
3. Jim Harbaugh - Michigan - $7,504,000
4. Jimbo Fisher - Texas A&M - $7,500,000
5. Gus Malzahn - Auburn - $6,700,000
6. Kirby Smart - Georgia - $6,603,600
7. Dabo Swinney - Clemson - $6,205,000
8. Dan Mullen - Florida - $6,070,000
9. Tom Herman - Texas - $5,500,000
10. Scott Frost - Nebraska - $5,000,000
Wyoming's Craig Bohl came in at number 76 with $1,412,000.