Don't have a date for Valentine's Day? Just turn on the radio, and you might get some advice for finding that special someone. Yes, country music is known for tales of love and heartbreak, but something's gotta happen to spark all that romance. For some, it begins with a pickup line. The Boot counts down the best pickup lines in country music, mixing the clever with the cleverly cheesy.
10. "Boy, if you wanna know the things I've been thinking/ You'd be meeting me outside"
'Last Night Again,' Steel Magnolia...That's Meghan's line, but an honorable mention goes to Josh's equally provocative opening lyric: "Your lips are moving but I can't hear you/Wish you would talk your way right over here."
9. "Hey, baby, do you come here often?/Hey, baby, now, what's your sign?" 'Swing,' Trace Adkins...Stepping up to the plate with a barrage of classic pickup lines, Trace still manages to make every one connect. And who doesn't love a song with a steady stream of baseball metaphors? No surprise that Trace hits a home run.
8. I know you've heard that worn out line about love at first sight/Well, I never knew those words were true 'til you walked in tonight" 'Be My Baby Tonight,' John Michael Montgomery...By his own admission, John Michael knows this come-on may be tired and cheesy, but that just means it's been battle-tested.
7. "I may not be in love/But let me tell you/I'm in heat" 'Romeo,' Dolly Parton..."I ain't never seen a cowboy look that good in jeans," Dolly sings of a man she sees strutting into a dancehall, hoping he'll fill her dance card. The Juliet-wannabe even wants to invent a new two-step named after the object of her affection, the "Romeo."
6. "Hey, girl, what's your name?/It's so loud in here I can't hear a thing/But I sure do like your style"
'Sideways,' Dierks Bentley...Compliment a girl's clothes and you're in! Dierks shares his best lines for wooing ladies in little white tank tops. If only delivering a good pickup line were as easy as getting sideways.
5. "I ain't ever seen a country boy with tires on his truck this high"
'Eight Second Ride,' Jake Owen...Who says men have all the best lines? We're sure the handsome Jake has heard his share of come-ons from the ladies, who love their men to be good listeners as well as good looking.
4. "Are you from Tennessee?/'Cause baby, you're the only 10 I see"
'Pickup Truck,' Shane Yellowbird...Pickup lines are abundant in this song; whether they actually work or not is still a mystery. "My name is Shane/How do you like me so far?" he asks, followed by the predictable "I need a map/'Cause I'm lost in your eyes." Cheesy as a supermarket's Velveeeta shelf, sure, but give the guy some credit for persistence.
3. "Hey, good lookin'/Whatcha got cookin'?/How's about cookin' somethin' up with me?"
'Hey Good Lookin',' Hank Williams...This timeless track showcases all the best qualities of a great pickup line: Keep it short and to the point. A simple rhyme and clever metaphor are a recipe for pickup success.
2. "I'd like to check you for ticks" 'Ticks,' Brad Paisley...Known for his quirky and descriptive lyrics, Brad paints the vivid picture of meeting a girl at a bar before escaping to the sticks in hopes of getting to know her a little -- make that a lot -- better. Whether or not our amateur entomologist finds any bugs on her is another story.
1. "If I said you have a beautiful body, would you hold it against me?"
'If I Said You Have a Beautiful Body Would You Hold It Against Me,' Bellamy Brothers...The title of this classic hit says it all. Could you really hold it against anyone who came up to you and uttered the line that's so notorious even Britney Spears
Anyone have some great pick up lines of their own...hit or miss?