The Five Best Bacon Dishes in Wyoming
Bacon is like a high five for your mouth.
Here's a tribute to Wyoming's favorite gluten-free, low carb treat. These are the five best bacon dishes in the Cowboy State. Enjoy!!!
1. Bacon Bow Ties at the Silver Fox Steakhouse in Casper - How do you make bacon even better? Tie it in a knot.
2. Chicken Fried Bacon at the Wyoming Cattle and Creek Company in Sheridan - Another way to make bacon taste better is to coat it in flour and deep fry it...then serve it with a slice of pecan caramel pie.
3. Pig Candy at Cafe Genevive in Jackson - You may have seen this dish on the television series Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives. Pig Candy is thick, applewood smoked bacon, covered in sugar and spices. And if you can't make it to Jackson, you can order it online.
4. The Peanut Butter and Bacon Burger at the Front Porch Deli in Thermopolis - Just when you thought this list couldn't possibly get any more decadent, here comes a sweet, salty feast featuring a half-pound burger topped with four bacon slices and smeared with peanut butter.
5. Bacon Wrapped Shrimp at El Jaliciense in Kemmerer - You wouldn't expect to find one of Wyoming's best bacon dishes in a mexican restaurant, but this mom and pop shop in Kemmerer has been hailed for their deep fried shrimp appetizer, which is wrapped in bacon and smothered with cheese and pico de gallo.
Honorable Mention: Clark's Meat House in Riverton - It's not a restuarant, but if you're looking to bring home the bacon, this is the best Wyoming has to offer.
In fact, Clark's won the award for Best Bacon at the 2015 Hands Across the Rockies Cured Meats Competition for the Wyoming Meat Processors Association and Colorado Association of Meat Processors.