Wyoming’s Five Creepiest Clowns
If you are afraid of clowns, you are not alone. It's estimated that 12% of all Americans suffer from Coulrophobia, a specific fear associated with clowns.
Just to creep you out, here are five of the most terrifying clowns in Wyoming.
1. The "Call of Duty" Sideshow Clowns - The popular video game Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare features a map set near the Devil's Tower National Monument in Wyoming, where players face an army of evil clowns in an incredibly demented clown Motel.
2. Lanky The Clown - A fixture at the Wyoming State Fair, Danny Kollaja, aka Lanky the Clown, delights and disturbs children of all ages. You can even take a camel ride with Lanky every summer at the Sweetwater County Fair in Rock Springs.
3. Drunk Guys Chasing Rodeo Clowns - Alcohol can often aggravate a person's fear of clowns. Take, for example, Marty Ferguson, who was arrested in 2014 for public intoxication after chasing a rodeo clown at the Central Wyoming Fair and Rodeo in Casper.
4. Wyoming White Clowns - Human beings aren't the only clowns in Wyoming. Did you know there's a breed of fish called the Wyoming White Clown? Named for their orange faces, dark fins and white bodies, they are highly sought after by aquarium owners.
5. The Clown's Den in Cheyenne - Some of the classier gentlemen reading this may remember the old Clown's Den, just south of Cheyenne on the Greeley Highway. These days, it's simple called "The Den". If you think actual clowns are frightening, you should have seen some of the gals dancing here back in the day.
As scary as some clowns can be for many, most people in Wyoming have affection for rodeo clowns.
In the early years of Cheyenne Frontier Days, the legendary Red Sublette entertained audiences along with his trusty sidekick, a mule named "Sparkplug".
These days, Meeteetse, Wyoming, native Dusty Tuckness ranks among the most popular bull fighters in the country. His death defying backflip has become a fixture at Rodeo events across the country.