* University of Wyoming press release
SAN DIEGO, Calif., – The University of Wyoming soccer team didn’t have it Thursday night at San Diego State. The Cowgirls fell to the Aztecs, 5-1, at the SDSU Sports Deck.
Wyoming falls to 6-7-4 overall and 2-6-1 (7 points) in Mountain West Conference play. San Diego State improves to 12-3-2 overall and 7-1-1 (22 points) in league action.
Alyssa Glover provided the highlight for Wyoming. She netted her team’s lone goal during the 33rd minute that knotted the contest at 1-1, answering Carlin Blake’s 11th minute score.
San Diego State vaulted back ahead before the halftime buzzer sounded. Blake found Kiera Utush in the 40th minute, and it remained 2-1 until the second half.
Dori Savage gave the Aztecs a 3-1 advantage in the 54th minute off a pass from Alexys Ocampo. Olivia Sekimoto added the finishing touches on the game with a pair of unassisted scores in the 66th and 72nd minute, respectively.
Jamie Tatum paced Wyoming in shots with four, while Glover and Nikayla Copenhaver each had three. Haley Bartel registered nine saves in goal for the Cowgirls, and her counterpart, Alexa Madueno, turned away five shots.
Wyoming closes out the road trip at New Mexico. The Cowgirls battle the Lobos on Sunday at 1:30 p.m. at the UNM Soccer Complex.
MORE UW FOOTBALL NEWS VIA 7220SPORTS:
* Wyoming Football: News and notes ahead of Boise State
* 7220sports.com Kickoff Show: Cowpokes need to regroup, refocus
* Wyoming's Craig Bohl remembers the late Paul Roach
* Wyoming Cowboys in the NFL: Week 6
* Wyoming, Boise State kickoff time set
* Wyoming Football: News and notes ahead of bye week
* Three stars of the Game: Pokes vs. Falcons
* Turning point, unsung hero and what's next for UW football
* Tuck's Take: Football gods MIA in disheartening loss at Air Force
* Wyoming falls late at Air Force, 34-27
* Rants & Raves: Air Force Edition
* Behind the numbers: Wyoming vs. Air Force
* 7220sports.com Kickoff Show: Kings of the Mountain?
* Know Wyoming's Foe: Air Force Falcons
* Show us your picks: Week Seven
* How do you even begin to prepare for this Air Force offense?
From Bison to Triceratops - All of Wyoming's Official Things
Every state in our nation has chosen things that represent the state in one way or another to be official state things. Like a flower, or animal. Wyoming
is no different.
The Equality State, or the Cowboy State, depending on which state slogan you want to go with, has a state flower. But did you know we also have a state tree and a state fish? Yes, we even have a state code.
To be an official thing, a member of the state legislature must write and submit a bill to the legislature declaring that a thing will be the official state thing. Then the legislature votes to pass the bill, or not, if it passes, the governor signs the bill into law and we have a new official state thing.
Here is what we have so far, all of Wyoming's official things. Now you can win big on Wyo Trivia Night if that's a thing that exists.
Gallery Credit: Ben Kuhns
- From Bison to Triceratops - All of Wyoming's Official Things