There are many things that couples, roommates or families fight over, but loading the dishwasher may be the biggest. About 50% of people living together don't agree on how to load the dishwasher, causing some pretty big arguments.
If you were to speak to a therapist or other professional, they're probably going to tell you that it's something deeper than just the dishwasher. It's the little things that start to drive you crazy, and the dishwasher is a common starting point.
I'm sure when asked why they loaded the dishwasher they way they did, the answer will be..."Because that's how my mom did it". Adding fuel to the already hot fire.
So if everyone loads the dishwasher the same way, that takes that off the table as a fight starter.
If you're trying to get to the bottom of this fight, what better place to turn then one of the big dishwasher making companies. Whirlpool.
Here are the recommendations from the dishwasher giant, Whirlpool
1. Scrape all scraps of food off the dishes. Big misconception leaving them on.
2. Start with loading the top rack. With the dishes facing the center of the machine
3. Next move onto the next lower rack and load smaller dishes and glasses. Angle dirty side down and toward the center
4. On the lowest rack, place larger bowls and dinner plates, with large items along the sides. Some models are large enough to add pots or pans.
5. Next load silverware into the basket. Alternate spoons and forks with handles down and knives with handles up.
6. Once it's loaded properly, it's time to make sure everything clears the wash arms and in far enough to close the door.
7. Add high quality detergent. Cheap detergent equals a poor wash.
8. For the best cleaning, add a rinse aid to assist in the process.
9. Time for one last check and start the process to clean dishes and less fights, by loading the dishes the proper way.
Top 9 Spring Cleaning Tips For Homeowners
It's officially Spring and time for a little deep cleaning in your home. Getting rid of dust and cobwebs, reorganizing drawers, and scrubbing those grimy corners can be just what your home needs for a fresh start!
Here is a checklist to make sure you don't miss a spot when cleaning:
Check Out Springtime Around Wyoming's Laramie Peak