Wyomingites Are Comfortable Paying Low Property Taxes
Taxes! One of the reasons the Pilgrims left their England!
And yet it seems taxes followed. What did they expect? They perpetrated the exact same things on people of the new world. Admit it, Taxes are evil!
However, if you are a Wyomingite, one aspect of the tax gauntlet is a little less burdensome and less expensive. According to the National Tax Lien Association, nearly 11.8 billion in property taxes go unpaid each year in the United States.
It's estimated that each household spends around $2,149, just on real-estate property taxes. If a person resides in one of the 27 states with vehicle property taxes that's another $407.
Property Taxes in Wyoming (1st=Lowest; 25th=Avg.):
- Real-Estate Property Tax Rank: 9th
- Vehicle Property Tax Rank: 41th
- Real-Estate Tax on Median State Home Value: $1,196
- Real-Estate Tax on Median U.S. Home Value: $1,097
- Vehicle Property Tax on Best-Selling Car: $415.26
As the taxman draws nearer, just remember...there are only two things in life guaranteed. The Grim Reaper and taxes!!!!