10 Perfectly Acceptable Excuses For Being Late In Wyoming
If there's one thing I hate, it's being late for something. As a matter of fact, if I'm not 5 minutes early, I consider that being late.
I think I get that trait from my Grandpa, you knew you had to be ready to go when he was ready or else you were getting left behind. Is his book of reasoning, there is no good reason to be late. The older I get, the more and more I understand. If you were the cause of him not being on-time, you'd know it.
I find myself being like that too.
- Getting really anxious and yelling at red lights...you know, because me running late is the fault of a traffic light.
- If I have to wait for someone else to get ready before I can leave,
- I pace back-n-forth
- make backhanded comments about being late
- letting out loud 'it was time to leave 5 minutes ago' sighs
- threatening to leave them behind.
Working in an industry that is very time sensitive and if you're late, you're messing up other people's lives.
A major source of nightmares for me is being late and not getting on the air on time. One time when I was in my 20's, I was living in Columbia, Missouri and was supposed to be at work by 5:30am. I woke up to my alarm clock reading 10:30! I leaped out of bed, threw on shoes and out the door I went. Got to the truck and realized it was Sunday...I didn't work on Sunday. Crisis avoided, but it took a couple hours for me to relax.
If for some reason I am late, I'll kick myself for days, especially if there's no good excuse for my tardiness.
Luckily living in Wyoming, there are built in excuses that no one will even bat an eye at.