5 Things to Do With Your Kids on a Wyoming Snow Day
Snowpocalypse arrived with all it's Wyoming fury yesterday!
Stranded out here on the Wyoming prairie with 5 kids and no internet meant that binge watching some of our fav Disney movies all day was out of the question.
The kids and I came up with five old school activities to fill our time, and since we all know there is probably at least one more Spring storm in our future I thought I'd share them with you.
- Get out in the snow. These Spring storms are perfect for hours of snowman building and sledding. My rule, you have to stay out at least as long as it took me to get you in your snow clothes!
- Hot cocoa and cookies! What better way to warm up than by making cookies as a family and sipping hot cocoa? Bonus points if you have marshmallows to add to your drinks. Note: If things are taking a turn for the worse feel free to add a little something extra to yours ;)
- Ballon wars. Even with all that time outdoors my kids still always seem to have energy to burn. Blow up a bunch of balloons and let those kids go crazy. Mine always have just as much fun making up the rules to the games as they do actually playing them.
- Family naptime. Is there anything nicer than laying down for a nap...and making everyone else take some quiet time alone too? Even though my older kids no longer nap they enjoy this time to read a book or draw or write in their rooms with no distractions.
- Puzzle and game time. There are tons of card games, puzzles and board games stacked up in our closet that we rarely seem to play. This is the perfect time to dust them off and have some family fun. Note: Puzzles are a great way to break up a Monopoly game that got a little too tense.
Let me know how you spent your snowpocalypse!