Check Out Pictures Of Prairie Wife’s Quarantine DIY Projects
I have officially decided to stop saying "I'm not a DIY kind of girl" because as I created this post I saw that over the years I have 100% become a DIY girl.
From painting kitchen cabinets and a playroom renovation to redoing our master bedroom and bathroom I have turned into an HGTV and Pinterest inspired monster...just ask my husband.
After a few weeks straight of being home during Quarantine Time, I started to think out loud to my husband about a few changes I dreamed of making in our home.
Maybe it was the emotional breakdown I had a few days earlier, maybe he was feeling stir crazy too...but whatever it was, he agreed to help me remodel our main living area.
I've been calling it a renovation but, I don't know if that's the right word.
We didn't paint the walls, or knock anything down...most of the changes had to do with furniture and editing what we had on the walls, or displayed on shelves.
And we DID make a new dining room table that seats 10 and refinished the old chairs, you can find all those details here.
But, holy cow did what we do make a difference.
Prairie Wife's Quarantine DIY
List and Links
- Velvet Couch: The exact couch is no longer available but was purchased from Overstock.com where they have a plethora of other fun colors and styles of velvet couches for you to choose from.
- Madison Park Charlie Grey Track Arm Club Chair: They had these chairs at both Overstock.com and Wayfair.com but in the end, there was a big sale at Overstock.com that made that the better place to buy them.
- Magnolia Manor Antique White Buffet and Hutch: I knew that I HAD to have this beauty and as I said before it was the highest-priced item in the renovation. That being said, I got a major deal on it ($300 off and free shipping) so it's worth stopping back to the site a few times or waiting for a big sale if you want a high priced item like this.
- Floral Wreath: Custom created just for me (using pictures I sent her of the area) by local florist Kaylann Blackburn of Flower Gypsy Design.
- Floral Paintings on either side of hutch: These were custom made by a local artist and designer from BRush 44 Designs.
- Bohemian Chic Vintage Distressed Area Rug: This rug ties in all the colors from all three rooms, and already has a purposefully faded look so it works perfectly for a home with 5 kids (and 2 dogs and cats).
- Wyoming Pillow: This fun pillow came from a Wyoming Boutique located in Gillette called Magpie Designs.
- Large Wall Clock: Hobby Lobby
- Golden Knit Banket and Linen Table Cover are from Target.com
Is there something you'd like to know more about?
Just let me know through the My Country Mobile App.