‘Shop With A Cop’ Plans Underway In Natrona County
Preparations are underway for the annual "Shop With A Cop" event in Natrona County, set for December 8th and 9th for 2018. Law enforcement agencies across the county will be working in partnership with both Casper WalMart stores, giving children ages three through twelve a chance to shop with a law enforcement officer for holiday gifts, including gifts for themselves and other family members.
The officers say they welcome the opportunity to work with families, especially those with underprivileged children who may not have the same opportunities as others.
Sgt. Jeff Bullard with the Casper Police Department says for the officers, "Shop With A Cop" is one of their favorite events of the year. "We're always about safety and keeping people in our community safe but this is just a different way to give back to our community and make connections, especially with the kiddos, and have a positive impact on their lives."
If you're interested in being a part of it, the application process is underway and the deadline is November 26th.
Here's more you need to know:
- Applications can be picked up at the front window of the Casper Police Department.
- Children must be 3 -12 years old to participate.
- The family must reside in Natrona County.
- The child must be able to separate from families while shopping.
- The child must be present on the shopping day in order to receive a gift card.
- Notification of families will begin December 4th, 2018
A committee will make selections from the applications based on information received through applications. Because the program is so popular, there may be more applicants than openings. Families who have not participated in the program before will be given priority, but all applications will be given serious consideration.