Wyoming Hunting For Hunter Education Instructors [VIDEO]
Wyoming Game & Fish is currently looking for hunter education course instructors for 2012.
Anyone over the age of 18 can volunteer to teach these classes provided they meet certain criteria which include:
- A completed hunter education certification
- A completed Hunter Education application form
- Attending the entire session of a mentoring instructor
- Teaching one lesson of the session under the direction of the mentor
- Submitting a formal lesson plan in writing to the Wyoming hunter education coordinator
- Completing the instructor worksheet with assistance from the mentor
- A completed practice teaching evaluation form from the mentor
- A completed Wild Work volunteer form
- Completion of Child Abuse/Neglect and Adult Central Registry Screens & Wyoming Criminal History Record Prescreens
- Submitted paperwork to the Wyoming hunter education coordinator for review
- Attendance to a new instructor orientation within two years of certification. The orientation academy is conducted over a weekend each summer at the WGFD Whiskey Mountain Conservation Camp at no charge to the new instructor, with the next orientation being June 22nd-24th.
Your time as a hunter education instructor is voluntary, but the rewards for offering your experience and skills could be priceless. Demand for these courses continue to grow at an incredible pace.
If you are interested or would like more information, call the Wyoming Game & Fish office in Cheyenne at (307)777-4538, or Jim Dawson at the Casper office, (307)473-3439.