All right, all right, everybody, settle down. Just because the weekend's here doesn't mean that you can't go out and have a good time...and "Cowboy" is gonna help you out.
If you're like me, there's nothing more refreshing than getting up in front of tens of strangers and attempting to recreate some of the best musical moments in history.
That being said; there are some great karoake establishments in our city that I think you should visit. I mean, why just share it with your shower? Let those golden pipes be heard!
So here are my top 11 karoake song picks. Why 11? Simple; 10's been done and I figure that 11 is just number one, twice. Yeah...that's how this country boy rolls. I also apologize for the lack of female selections. In case you can't tell, I'm a little biased.
Enjoy, and let me know how these work for you.
11) "Kiss" by Prince (Great for falsetto work)
10) "Whip It" by Devo (It's funny and the crowds love it. Watch out for flailing arms.)
9) "Islands In The Stream" by Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton (Find a partner for this one.)
8) "I'm Gonna Be(500 Miles)" by The Proclaimers (Another fun duet and if you can do a funny Scottish accent, you'll instantly win over the crowd)
7) "Night Moves" by Bob Seger (The Chicks dig it!)
6) "I Love This Bar" by Toby Keith (The entire audience will help you out. Plus it tends to generate more tips for the waitresses and they''ll love you for that.)
5) "Rock Me Amadeus" byFalco (It's fun, yet also challenging...and if you should happen to beatbox, it's killa!)
4) "Fishin' In The Dark" by The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band (Great song. crowd loves it. It's not too long. And you get to sing "Ooooo Oooh.")
3) "Last Dollar" by Tim Mcgraw (Great hook; fun chorus. It's a cool and entertaining Country song to sing.)
2) "Safety Dance"(Extended Dance Mix) by Men Without Hats (It's awesome. You don't need a lot of range but an attitude definitely helps. Try to learn the dance...you'll score.)
1) "Mr. Roboto" by Styx (My ultimate favorite. It's never let me down. It covers a wide range and has a nice length. If we should happen to cover this on the same night at the same place; prepare to lose.)
There! Now go forth and sing! Have a great weekend from all of us at "My Country!"