The Fresh Wyoming Snow Is Good For Making A Sweet Maple Treat
Schools have been out, families have been stuck in the same house together and we're going to have snow on the ground for a few days.
It's tough for kids to be trapped in the house and not being able to do much, so you're probably looking for cool snow day activities to pass the time.
How can you put the snow, your family and time together for creative, time consuming uses?
Making food with the snow.
Folks have different opinions about the safety of eating snow. Typically snow is safe to eat, especially in Wyoming.
There are a couple tips for eating snow.
- Choose not to eat snow off of vehicles or outdoor structures
- dirt and grime can cause issues
- Always choose a location that hasn't been touched to collect your snow
- fresh untouched snow is the cleanest form of snow
- NEVER eat yellow snow
- no explanation needed
- Don't eat too much snow
- even though snow is mostly clean, it picks up pollutants in the air and too much can be tough on the tummy
We all know that 'Snow Cream' is a great sweet treat to put the snow to good use. What about other food items that you can use the snow to create?
How about Maple Syrup Snow Taffy?
It's easy to make, doesn't take very long and will keep the kids busy for a while.
First you'll need the following:
- Maple Syrup
- Popsicle sticks, chopsticks or wooden skewers
That's it, now it's time to get started.