OPINION: Chase Elliott Will Win the Daytona 500 – Change My Mind
This is one of my favorite times of the year. It's almost time for NASCAR. I am convinced that Chase Elliott will win this year's Daytona 500. Change my mind.
Full disclosure: I can be a NASCAR freak. I used to be a bigger fan when Dale Earnhardt Sr. was around, but still watch just about every race. The Daytona 500 is my favorite race of the year and it also happens to be the first race of the NASCAR season.
I think I can prove with science that Chase Elliott will win the 2019 Daytona 500. Here's my reasoning.
- Chase and his Hendrick teammates qualified 1,2,3 and 4 in qualifying last weekend.
- He won the 2nd duel while qualifying in last year's race. He'll win one of this year's duels, too.
- His dad is Bill Elliott, a NASCAR legend who holds many speed records at Daytona. (His DNA is strong)
- Kyle Busch cannot be allowed to win the race. Chase Elliott most likely to keep this travesty from happening.
- Ford has a new car model this year which means those teams will have to adapt. Chase is in a Chevrolet.
I called it. When Chase wins the race on Sunday, you can congratulate me after the fact. But, if you disagree, change my mind. Who wins the Daytona 500, according to you?