Trisha’s Ideal You Weight Loss & Wellness Journey
Do you ever look at yourself in a picture and say, who is that? That is the point I was getting to. I almost didn't recognize myself because I had put on so much weight. About 2 years ago with the help of a great fitness buddy, I began to work-out and eat healthy. It's not something that was always easy, because like many moms out there, I am always on the go and there are so many quick easy & delicious choices out there that you can eat on the go. But I had set my mind to losing weight, and I did! In fact, I almost hit my weight loss goal I was about 15 pounds shy and had lost right at 38 pounds. HOORAY!!!!! Then my friend moved away,and it became convenient for me to skip the gym, and get right back into my old eating habits. I slowly started eating all those foods I know are not healthy choices, but nonetheless, so convenient. I began packing on the pounds...all the pounds I had lost and then some!
During this time period, I was watching my co-worker, Donovan Short, enjoy success with the Ideal You Weight Loss and Wellness Program. Donovan's journey was amazing to watch! I knew I had to try it for myself. So, two weeks ago, I began the program.
With the help of my coach, I have already lost almost 12 pounds and 10 inches overall! I already see a difference in the way my clothes fit and I am feeling great! I still have a long journey ahead of me, but at the rate I am losing, I will be at my goal in no time at all and I will be sharing my before and after photos with much pride.
I am already learning great ideas for new healthier choices that I can even enjoy with my family, which is very important to me. It's difficult to diet when you are the only one in the house eating healthy, so being able to cook meals that my family will enjoy is essential to my success.
Here's an example of a healthier choice meal that you can enjoy on the Ideal You Weight Loss & Wellness program:
1. Make or buy Roast Beef. (Recipe below)
2. Arrange a bed of lettuce and drizzle with American Mustard (sugar-free)
3. Arrange slices of Roast beef on the lettuce.
4. Heat a generous portion of sauerkraut in the microwave and spoon over the meat.
5. Serve with dill pickles
I had never made a roast beef before starting this diet and was surprised with how easy it was and how much better it tasted than typical store bought slices.
ROSEPEPPER ROAST BEEF:
1. Roast Beef
2. Marinade in mix of olive oil (approx 4 TSP, sea salt, and "herbs de provence" of other herbs to your taste. (I buy fresh herbs, chop them up, and put them in the freezer with EVVO. Makes it easy to pull out any time and sprinkle on dishes and taste much better than the dried versions.)
3. Bring meat to room temperature.
4. Generously sprinkle with crushed Rose Pepper on both sides. (Should almost coat the meat, not just a little flavor)
5. Add black pepper to taste.
6. Sear the meat in a frying pan for about 3 min each side until the meat is browned all over.
7. Transfer meat to a baking sheet lined with baking paper. You can add some additional spices at this point if you like.
8. Cook for approximate 1.5 hours at 125C (approx 255 F).
Something your entire family can enjoy!
I am looking forward to sharing my journey with you and helping others get healthier as well!