Wind & Winter Weather Force Road Closures, Advisories Throughout Wyoming
Winds gusting up to 70 mph throughout Wyoming combined with winter weather have forced road closures and travel advisories throughout the state.
The National Weather Service in Riverton has issued a high wind warning for much of Wyoming through Saturday evening.
Gusts could get as high as 85 mph in parts of the Bighorn Mountains. Central Wyoming could see 80 mph gusts.
The Wyoming Department of Transportation has issued the following closures as of 2:45 p.m. Saturday:
- Wyo 130 - Closed to thru traffic. Local traffic is permitted from Green Rock to Centennial.
- Wyo 430 - From Rock Springs to the Colorado State Line.
Closed to Light, High Profile Vehicles:
- Interstate 25 - From Wheatland to Cheyenne
- Interstate 80 - From Elk Mountain to Laramie
- US 30/287 - From Rock River to Cheyenne